Number of installs for Home and Business 2019

Peter Crick
Peter Crick Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How many computers can I install Home and Business 2019 on?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Peter - exactly the same number of licences that you have.  One licence, one computer.
    John L G
  • Peter Crick
    edited August 2019
    Hi John, Thank you for your response. So, I am a Sole Trader and have a business office with a desktop computer, a home office with a desktop computer, and a laptop for travel. Dependent upon where/how I am working I complete my accounts on a daily basis from any of these computers, so does this mean that I need three licences to complete the same accounting process for the same business?
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Yep
  • Peter Crick
    edited August 2019
    Hi Kris,
    thank you for your response.
    Reckon is obviously not very supportive of small business; so while I actually wanted this software as it ticked all but one of the boxes, I think I will go to the other service providers who allow multiple installs so long as it relates to the one licence/business.
    Thank you all for your responses it has made my decision very easy and quick.
    Kind regards
    Peter
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Sounds to me, a better solution would be VPN to your office then Remote Desktop. No real need for 3 licenses. If you have internet at all locations (Phone, Tablet, Wifi) if any type.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Peter.  Another obvious option is to go to Reckon Hosted, in the Cloud, which means you can access your accounts anywhere and on any computer, provided you have internet access.
    I would also be contacting Reckon, to see whether or not they will allow something like you are seeking.  I have a feeling that somewhere in the past, they have allowed situations like yours to exist, but that was a long time ago. 
    John L G
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2019
    Please call me on 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com