Transaction rules

Jodie Porter
Jodie Porter Member Posts: 31
edited September 2019 in Reckon One
I have been using Reckon One for nearly 2 years with very successful transaction rules.  Recently quite a few of my transaction rules no longer seem to be working.  I have gone back in and tried to change the rules to make sure the words are correct and even tried re creating a rule but they still don't seem to be working.

I have also added 2 new employees this month into the pay roll module but their payments are not coming up as a 'match' in the imported bank transactions while all previous employees still do.

Any ideas what might be going wrong? I don't fancy manually entering all these transactions every month!

My transaction rules are mainly for income sources through eftpos/cash etc, payments to subcontractors, merchant fees (monthly payments) etc. I do not have invoicing or projects that they need to match, just automatically enter their ultimate destination from the bank feed.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Jodie

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Hi Jodie,

Thanks for asking.

Possibly the key word for which you are searching with the Transaction Rule has had its display altered slightly by the bank.  For instance, your rule is looking for the word woolworths;
     however the statement now shows woolworthsnthsyd (it was 2 words before), 
    so the rule can't see the word because rules don't wildcard search within a string of text.  

A full description of setting up rules is discussed in this thread.

Does this idea resolve any of the issue for you?

regards,
    John

• Jodie Porter
    edited June 2018
    Hi John,

I thought this might be the case, however I tried to set up new rules from the imported transactions (so the text was transferred across from that specific transaction) and the rule still didn't work.

It is also not creating a match for pay roll payments that have been put through.
  • Jodie Porter
    edited June 2018
    I had already read the post you alluded to and it didn't seem to provide any additional information
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Jodie,

Please call Technical Support to get some one-to-one attention for this issue.

regards,
    John

• Jodie Porter
    edited September 2019
    For those following, the issue seems to have been finally rectified by changing the 'transaction type' within the rule to say 'any of these words'.  For some reason it doesn't like 'this exact phrase' even though when you create a new rule that is what it suggests.  Also, if you only had one word in the first section it now needs to say 'any of these words' not 'all of these words'. Good luck to everyone, it seems the rules have to be far more general since the update so just be careful that it doesn't actually pick up a different rule when modifying current rules.
  • Julie F
    Julie F Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for posting this Jodie!!
    The whole "RULE" thing is freaking me out! I have signed up for Bankdata. It's been 5 years since using Reckon Accounts Hosted and a lot has changed.
    I did a trial, manual download of my cheque account bank data just for one month, only to discover that most of the discriptions are exactly the same. This is NOT going to be useful for creating Rules!  I am sincerley hoping that the Bankdata conversion will have the relvent bank statment details included. All I got was reference numbers and comments in the memo area, nothing in the Payee's names. Very frustrating!
  • Hari Raju
    Hari Raju Member Posts: 13

Is there any way to search with wildcards? One payer consistently uses underscore rather than spaces in their "details" - e.g. BUPA_CLM_XXXXX which now never matches anything. But it always starts BUPA_CLM*