GovConnect ABN already registered?

Anna_9785026
Anna_9785026 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,
I'm trying to register with GovConnect. I've got to the point where i enter my ABN. Once entered, it populated with the name of the company and email address, however when I click verify it tells me that  "Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch". I don't have a different GST Branch, and this is my first time trying to connect to GovConnect. There seems to be no way forward. Can someone please help?
Cheers,
Anna

Comments

• THE TRUSTEE FOR THE CHHOUNG CHAV FAMILY TRUST
    edited July 2019
    Hi Anna,
    I have the same problem like you. Have you solved the problem yet?
  • Sarah Jane
    Sarah Jane Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2019
    Have the same issue, contacted support
  • Anna_9785026
    edited May 2020
    Hi,
    yes! I did get it sorted. the problem was exactly what it said it was - that the ABN had been registered to another email address. Still not sure how it happened as the owner of said email address said she hadn't signed up but support were able to get rid of that one so that I could then follow the process to register with my email address. it took about 24 hours. I did have to ring support though (my email still hasn't been responded to!) and spend an hour and 10 minutes on hold, but it got sorted. The number to call is 1300 799 150 - i could never find an actual number so i hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    Anna
  • THE TRUSTEE FOR THE CHHOUNG CHAV FAMILY TRUST
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Anna, I called the number two days ago and the technician guy told me he will  'write off'(exactly word he used) my ABN in their system and asked me to wait one day. However, I just tried to verify my ABN but it is still not working. Tried to call again but can't reach anyone because it reaches the limit of their call capacity.....

• Anna_9785026
    edited July 2019
    that's really weird. sounds a bit like he doesn't know what he was doing. I guess keep trying? Sorry that's happening to you, it's so frustrating especially as I imagine you're on a time crunch!
  • Andrew_10165494
    Andrew_10165494 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    Google found an answer on Zero's forum :
    Select for a different branch &
    try branches 001 , 002 , etc until one works.
    Just worked for me....

• LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav

Could you please reset ABN 26170369493 please.

Thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    I've just done this now LyndaC

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ChristineS
    ChristineS Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020

Reposted elsewhere........