Is there a way I can change an invoice template for a range of invoices?

Sandy_10275587
Sandy_10275587 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have changed my invoice template in the last year. Every time I open up an older invoice it is displayed as the old template. My staff forget to change the template before emailing and is causing us to look like idiots.

Comments

• Nicola_10273952
    Nicola_10273952 Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Hi Sandy
    Sorry no there is no way to go back and change any existing invoices that currently show an old template - bar going into each one and physically updating it before sending.
    I understand that this is not great so the only other work around you have is to change the old template - not to make a copy of it - but instead amend it to how you want the invoice to look and that way the "old" template becomes the new, without creating a new template.
    Thanks
    Nicola
  • Sandy_10275587
    edited October 2019
    Yeah I thought of that but just thought I'd ask. Thanks
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2019
    Hi Sandy,

If you want to bulk-replace the invoice template that is set on all older invoices to a newer template you have created, the Data Recovery Team can do this for you.

However it is a chargeable service.

Click the link to Submit a request for a Reckon data service 

In your service request you will need to:

- describe the problem as accurately as you can
    - let us know the name of the older template that you want to be replaced
    - let us know the name of the newer template that you want to be used

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Sandy
    Try making the old invoice template 'inactive' it will default to the next closest template, this may or may not be your new one, therefore may or may not help.  Unless you have only one active template.
  • Regula Waser
    Regula Waser Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2019
    How do you do that? I tried and it doesn't let me save it.
  • Sandy_10275587
    edited October 2019
    Yeah I did that but would still revert to the inactive template. I have made both of them the same now and seems to be working. Thanks 
  • Nicola_10273952
    Nicola_10273952 Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2019
    It would only not work if you had never changed the original Reckon Invoice template - one of the original invoices that come with the software - eg. Reckon Product Invoice or Reckon Professional Invoice etc.  
    But if you amended it in the first instance - which most people have as the invoices aren't very nice looking + the Tax Number is in the wrong place - you can then update/amend and save what you want to change instead of creating another copy of the invoice.  If you already have multiple copies of the invoices, you will need to amend each one (or the ones you want changed) for the changes to take place for any existing invoices raised.