Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 Not Responding

Options
brad_10324044
brad_10324044 Member Posts: 4
I was running Quicken 2009 and it worked in the morning and then in the afternoon would just be not responding. I tried to reinstall and try again without any success. 
Thought I would then upgrade to 2013. Have installed this and tried to recover the file from a backup and I get the same Not Responding. I managed to get it open once but then again not responding after that. I can open a new QDATA file and start again but would like to be able to open the previous file. 

Used the Revo Uninstaller to remove to try and clear everything before the reinstall. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 206 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Dear Brad,
    Could you find out the name of your QDATA file? It's possible it may be affected by an unusual bug we are currently aware of, documented here:
    https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5232

• brad_10324044
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes I know the file name. It is Brad's21
  • Alexander McKeown
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Could you try and remove the ' from the name of the file (Making it simply Brads21)?
  • brad_10324044
    edited November 2019
    Options
    i have tried that, tried rename and shorter name but still no luck. Just freezes up as not responding. A new QDATA file opens immediately.
  • Alexander McKeown
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Dear Brad,
    Do you know where the QDATA file is located on your machine?
    Are you capable of opening it in the previous version?
  • brad_10324044
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I know the location. It stopped working in the old version. It worked in the morning then was not responding in the afternoon. I tried to reinstall the program and still didn't work. I then upgraded to 2013 and also get not responded.