Home & Business 2019 Reconcile Credit card

Jane Southern
Jane Southern Member Posts: 11
Hi,,,
I am using desktop Home and Business 2019 after upgading from a 2013 version.
all transferred ok after the demo. But i am doing something wrong with my Visa credit card Reconcile.
Not sure what i should be entering in the 1st 2 spaces? ie: Charges,,, Payments,,,
I can get a Zero difference when I reconcile but it doesn't seem to make any difference what values I put in here, I still able to get a Zero Difference in the summary?

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited January 2020
    The charges are what you have spent for the month and the payments are the amounts you may have paidoff on your card, ending balance is what is on your statement, all is based on your paper statement.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Richard Mountstephens
    Richard Mountstephens Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2020
    I have found it easier to ignore the charges and payments boxes by putting zero in each one and then entering  the statement balance in the ending balance box. This suits me as I can reconcile 
    as often as I want during each month.
  • Jane Southern
    edited January 2020
    Thanks Richard,
    Yes, the "Zero" entries in these 2 boxes works for me also.
    I was just wondering what is the point of the charges & Payments entries as they seem to have no effect regardless of what figures I put in them?
  • Jane Southern
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for your reply Gerry,Yes, but doesn't seem to have any effect on balances no matter what figures I put there,,, thinking I may be missing something that is recorded elsewhere?