Purchase Orders in Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2016

Robyn_7760879
Robyn_7760879 Member Posts: 9
Reckon Accounts Home & Business doesn't have anything like Purchase Orders or Buying Supplies.  What workarounds have people created?  Has anyone tried creating a PO form from the Invoice and managing those separately?

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2020
    Is the business on Cash or Accrual for GST?  That makes a difference to how I answer your question.  Hopefully they are on Cash as H&B only supports Cash accounting in theory.
  • Robyn_7760879
    edited February 2020
    Hi Robyn, I'd like to do it on an accrual basis: write and send purchase orders and later to record the receipt and payment.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2020
    One suggestion:

Create a Liability account and an Asset account for the Purchases and Sales you wish to record that are not yet paid or received.  This will then include those transactions in the quarter they are dated.

Once paid or received transfer the funds from the bank account (no tax codes) to the liablity account or asset account to reduce the amount owing or owed.
    Hope this makes sense?

Could I please add three big notes of caution:

a) reconcile these accounts regularily to see what's outstanding (should come back to $0 once all paid and received) and

b) Reckon Accounts Hosted or Reckon One programs would be much more suited and beneficial to run these types of transactions through.

c) this is only if the client is on accrual basis for GST - NOT CASH BASIS!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
    Robyn Kelly 
  • Robyn_7760879
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Robyn.   These are great!  Do you know if Reckon Accounts Hosted and Reckon One have full purchasing and AP & AR functions?
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited February 2020
    Yes they do Robyn

See more information here:
    https://www.reckon.com/au/accounting-software/ and here:
    https://www.reckon.com/au/accounts-hosted/

I should be able to help further and answer any queries if you need
    robyn@robynkelly.com.au

Regards
    Robyn Kelly