Hi, pay run has been declined by ATO

easy fish
easy fish Member Posts: 2
I tried to input the wages but most of them shows ATO declined. I try to adjust it, but it seems every time I adjust, the amount add up together. So when I check the staff payment summary, it shows much more than they real have. So how can I delete them? And the error message I received is : Pay run has been declined by the ATO Please review the message below and make an adjustment if required. . The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "169.5325", item type = Decimal, uniquelD = http:// www.sbr.gov.au/ato/ payevntemp:EmployerContributionsSuperannuationGuaranteeA) Hint: The FractionDigits constraint failed. I tried different format for the super, they all can’t work.image

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Hey Easy Fish,
    Somewhere along the line a number over 2 decimal places has been entered into the super guarantee.
    To fix it you need to create an adjustment (Pay run screen > blue + symbol > New Adjustment) to bring the figure back to a valid 2 decimal number eg. you could create a negative adjustment for something like -$0.805 to bring that value back to a whole number ie. $84.00. Use your discretion here, it just needs to come back to a valid 2 decimal place number.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• easy fish
    easy fish Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2019
    Hi Rav, The super fund which I entered is 2 decimal number. But it still shows the the same error message. For example, those are the data I entered for the pay run: Staff one: gross 272, super 25.84 Staff two: gross 438.7, tax 18, super: 41.67 Staff three: gross 246.5, super 23.41 Staff four: gross 950, tax 165, super 90.25 And the error message I received is: Adjustment has been declined by the ATO Please review the message below and make an adjustment if required. . The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "209.5565", item type = Decimal, uniquelD = http:// www.sbr.gov.au/ato/ payevntemp:EmployerContributionsSuperannuationGuaranteeA) Hint: The FractionDigits constraint failed. . The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "146.1225", item type = Decimal, uniquelD = http:// www.sbr.gov.au/ato/ payevntemp:EmployerContributionsSuperannuationGuaranteeA) Hint: The FractionDigits constraint failed.. I don’t know where dose 209.5565 come from, and 146.1225 as well. Thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Don't worry, this can be sorted. You just need to bring the super figures for those employees back to a valid 2 decimal value number.
    Create an adjustment, include the relevant employees in it and offset the incorrect decimal values. So for example; that error message shows $209.5565 and $146.1225 so in your adjustment you could add something like -$0.5565 and -$0.1225 which will remove these incorrect values and bring the figures to a valid 2 decimal number.

That's just one example, you can adjust it however you need but the key here is that whatever value you put in to the adjustment needs to bring the super back to a 2 decimal number.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Qifeng Wu
    Qifeng Wu Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    i have got same problem, i do again as you said ,but doesn't work, very pool soft ware
  • Hazel
    Hazel Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2019
    I have a similar error
    The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "-296", item type = Decimal, uniqueID = http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevntemp:EmployerContributionsSuperannuationGuaranteeA) Hint: The MinInclusive constraint failed.

I have found who the error is for but these numbers are no where in site to fix.
  • Joy Tan
    Joy Tan Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2019
    I too have the same issue. I am inputting the correct values with only 2 digits after the decimal point and it just won’t be accepted by the ATO. I have rung them up and have registered my ABN as well, so not sure why the app is having this problem. Please help me. image
  • Joy Tan
    Joy Tan Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2019
    Oh, I have also registered the software ID too. I have done everything correctly and nothing works.
  • Helen_10317922
    Helen_10317922 Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2019
    I had similar problem too.  I never put more than 2 decimal place in the amount.  How come keep declined.  Keep asking for help these few days, but still not solve it.  Very poor.......  ?
  • Hazel
    edited November 2019
    I had to go in and delete the item of the pay check and re enter it. Go back to the pay cheque it was first an error. I had super that was a negative and I didn't enter any negative. But this worked for me. Same as the Salary Sacrifice problem not recording properly
  • Helen_10317922
    Helen_10317922 Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2019
    As i just have 2 employees, i'm using Reckon single touch payroll FREE mobile app.  Now i want to move to Reckon One payroll, adviser need me to put all the wages, tax and super for each employees -$xxx.xx  and make them to be "zero" before i move.

Now i'm stucking. I never put more than 2 decimal place $xx.xxxxxx

Once, i re-adjust again, and can't accept me for negative amount...... 

• Minas Aroney
    Minas Aroney Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2019
    Hi;
    I too am experiencing a smiliar issue with the Reckon STP Mobile App. i.e. TotalDigits constraint, although my value exceeds anything sensible. It has to be a technology glitch issue as there is no way i could have physicaly typed in so many decimal places.

All subsequent submissions are all failing for the same reason.

I've tried the above suggestion of making an adjustment to the same number of decimal places to attempt to negate the value but this also fails. 

Please correct the issue as the proposed adjustment resolution does not resolve the issue and i am unable to submit further pay runs.

• PhuOnG P
    PhuOnG P Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    Has anyone had this issue resolved yet? I have been stuck for over 3 weeks now! Please help.
  • Minas Aroney
    edited January 2020
    No. Unfortunately still no resolution.
  • Joe Arruzza
    Joe Arruzza Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2020
    I have the same issue. Using the Mobile App and my payruns for February have all been rejected. Would love a resolution on this matter

• Minas Aroney
    edited March 2020
    I've been stubbornly submitting my payruns regularly each week, and the problem is now intermittent. Sometimes they payrun succeeds, sometimes it is declined. It's completely random as my payruns contain exactly the same employee(s), and gross/tax/super amounts each week.
    So long as one of the payruns succeeds it updates the YTD totals at the ATO (i've checked).
    Still not ideal that these payruns fail from time to time, and the fact that Reckon have provided zero response on this is probably the worst thing. Hard to complain about a free app though.
  • JENNY KING
    JENNY KING Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2020
    hay everyone, 

having the exact same issue since Feb, very frustrating!!

still no answer from Reckon very POOR on their behalf  
  • Hazel

Has this had a solution is it a QB glitch or the ATO problem