CANT PRINT REPORTS IN RECKON ACCOUNTS HOME AND BUSINESS

Options
Chris_10116524
Chris_10116524 Member Posts: 3
has anyone any idaes haow to fix a message that "reckon is unable to verify the active printer t system level."  I cant print repOrts in Reckon accounts home and business - used to work - but suddenly ceased,  every thing else prints ok

Comments

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I suggest you look at the print instruction screen, and before pressing the print button, suggest yuo look at the top left hand corner, where the details of the printer should eb visible. Suggest you ensure they describe your printer. Should then work.
  • Chris_10116524
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sadly can’t get to that screen, reckon displays an information box indicating it can’t find a printer. Interestingly the other print functions like cheque’s do work .
  • David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The work around is to export the reports in Excel and print them from Excel.
    While a long work around, it does provide some flexibility in formatting that is not available in Reckon, that can be valuable.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options
  • Chris_10116524
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks , I did work that out but when trying to get reports out to the accountants at tax time it’s Not much of a work around, very time consuming. We pay for this software, we pay for support but it does not seem to be available. The last two times I have sat on the phone waiting to get to tech support were 45 and 79 minutes. I will try again in a month perhaps when the end of tax year is over
  • pat speering
    pat speering Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    Options

Pat
    This problem has now just happened to me with no reason. As a long time user without problems up until now to find support-what a misnomer that word is- totally lacking is insulting to say the least.

In the 8 months since these 5 notes were posted is it too much to hope for that a solution has been found. Why would I upgrade if even later versions have the same problem??
  • pat speering
    pat speering Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    Options

I did go into Robyn's post. I was disparate. But that did fix the problem so thanks for that. There still seems to be problems with printing to PDF and for instance doing a PDF of a loan payment schedule. The main thing is I can now print more generally from within the programme.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You could also try installing a PDF printer driver (I use BullZip but there are others) and install that to print to PDF or a paid version of Adobe.
  • LFichera
    LFichera Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi there

I've just recently purchased a Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2021. I'm unable to print my saved reports from my printer. I've checked that my printer is the recognised default printer. Nor am I able to save reports onto USB to take to my accountant for my tax. Any ideas please. Thanks

• LFichera
    LFichera Member Posts: 4
    Options

I've worked out the printing issue, thank you, but I'm still having problems saving my reports to an external drive. The only options that come up are to save within the Reckon Program.

• Kevin_9915502
    Kevin_9915502 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hi,

I also had problems printing from QUICKEN/RECKON quite some time ago. I changed my printer driver to the MS Windows PDF printer driver, never had a problem since. Don't use the Reckon PDF printer.

Cheers

Kevin