error code (-6000,-83) after 2018 update

Michael Goman
Michael Goman Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have updated from 2017 to 2018 Accounts Prem I have Process all pays for the 2017/18 financial year; Rebuild your Reckon Accounts 2018 Company files Create a backup of your Reckon Accounts 2018 company files I have tried logging on to Company 1 and Company 2 and both will not open giving me error code (-6000,-83) I have opened the 2018 Reckon icon from the desktop and tried to login as per normal procedure so I am not sure what the issue is? I have opened the required ports 10181 in and out, turned firewall off and tested turned off AV, checked permissions on the file location and all is good. Any ideas

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Michael

Check that only ONE of your computers is trying to HOST the file (for sharing via Windows as well as sharing via the QBDBmgr hosting software).    That error message is one of the reasons for that combination.   Refer to 'file' menu -->  Utilities  ....  to ensure that one machine IS hosting the file,  but all others are NOT hosting the centrally stored/accessible QBW DATA (company) file.

Gary
  • Michael Goman
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the reply and quick response Gary. It’s currently running on a terminal server
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    So have you added the user QBDataServiceUser27 to the sharing of the folder location where the files are?  and given that user full access?  and then run the QBDatabaseServerManager and scanned the folder where those files are?  then tried the access again?  Cheers Linda
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Are you saying you only need the ONE computer (be it all at the end of a terminal server session) involved with Reckon Accounts?   If so,  then you would only need single user and no sharing complexity at all, and my comments would be irrelevent.  Just confirm please.  The QBW file cannot be controlled (for sharing to others) by more than one HOST computer.  One boss - many slaves.    But when running single-user on just one PC - all irrelevant, sorry.

Gary

• Michael Goman
    edited July 2018
    Hi Linda. No I haven’t add the user27 how do you do it.
  • Michael Goman
    edited July 2018
    Hi Linda Yes the user does have access to the folders. How do I run QBDatabaseserverManager
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    See step 4 of Solution one here - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=404
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hello Michael,

Check out our guide for network users:
    Installing, Updating and configuring Reckon Accounts In windows server (terminal server)

page 5 of the guide has instructions for QBDataServiceUser27 and for ports.  

regards,
    John
  • Chris Mills
    Chris Mills Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    I found this was caused by the old version of the company file server still running on the file host along side the new version.
    Solution, end task the related processes on the Server/host, start up the correct version locate the file and then connect.