I DID UN UPDATE EVENT TO ADD THE ALLOWANACE JOBKEEPER REPORTING FOR fn01

margaret_9248620
margaret_9248620 Member Posts: 47
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I did an updated event for the first fortnight for jobkeeper, the doing the second stp reporting it still has the allowanace FN01 for second period on it how do i fix that? I have attached files. i need some help?

Comments

• Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2020
    Hi Margaret, 

This quite ok. We have seen this already but it is just reporting YTD totals in STP.

Just lodge as is. It's like paying a 1 off travel allowance... it stays there til last pay run 30.06.2020.

Linda
  • margaret_9248620
    edited April 2020
    we were told it was only to report it once to ATO and didn't have to report each fortnight? Wont they get confused on which fortnights it will start?
  • Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2020
    Hi Margaret, 

Yes I hear what you are saying. Feels wrong.

Once you put the FN01 into a payrun it stays there as a YEAR TO DATE Allowance.

I know your not adding it each week, it just stays there.

If you pay a Christmas bonus once at Christmas it stays there on EVERY STP after that until 30.06.2020 even though may not pay it again during the rest of the year.

I have gone into the ATO Community and asked the question you are asking but have not had a response.

Rav has posted that Reckon is seeking a clarification also.

To not have it show anymore we would have to go back to the FN01 payrun and remove the FN01 Line so that subsequent STP's don't show it. 

So far I have not seen that instruction.

Hope that helps. Plus this Question is asked frequently so your are not the only one unsure about it when you seeit.

Hope that helps a little...

Linda

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Just confirming what the other Linda has said - because all reporting to the ATO via STP is year to date - it stays there - just like a meal allowance paid in July last year - would stay there for the whole year and a tool allowance etc... it only says FN01 - so it continues to show that this employee was eligible from the first fortnight.  all good 
  • margaret_9248620
    edited April 2020
    Yeah it helps a little feels wrong but that is all good