payroll premier and Jobkeeper

Susan Jenkins-Peat
Susan Jenkins-Peat Member Posts: 20
edited June 2020 in Payroll Premier
I do weekly pays, I've already submitted an STP payrun yesterday for the previous week (27th April-3rd May). We now realise we can claim for FN01 and FN02 if we topup before May 8th.  and we have 1 employee which we'd like to do this for.  The other employees we have already been receiving JK.  As my next payrun is due to be done on May 11th, I will miss this cut off for her to be topped up.  How do I go about this ? can I bring forward my whole payrun and Top her up to the $3000 for FN001 and FN002  or is there is way a can do  an extra payrun before the 11th and just only pay her ?

Comments

• Janine Dickson
    Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I did a separate unscheduled payrun just for Topup for those that required it for earlier pays in FN01 02 - making sure if you need to you put the FN01Start date in   - Note I also made the accruals per pay run nil prior to the unscheduled pay so that they didn't accrue on this separate pay. 

• Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I do weekly pays as well.

I went back to the first pay in April adjusted each individual payslip for eligible employees and entered the JobkeeperstartFN01 and also topped up those eligible employees that required topping up using the Jobkeepertopup.

For each week after that in April I amended the payslips and topped up the relevant employees.  I then paid those employees a one off adjustment payment directly through the bank account so than my bank account reconciled.

Then I went to STP and did an 'update event' for each week in April.  The first week was for all eligible employees for the JKstartFN01, and each week after was for those employees who had been topped up.

To be able to claim for April, the FN01 has to be in that first pay in April.

Hope this helps.
  • Susan Jenkins-Peat
    Susan Jenkins-Peat Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Lynne, Is it possible for me to just do an unscheduled payrun for this one employee today.  I use Payroll Premier, process the pays weekly every Monday.  I haven't done one before so just want to check, thank you
  • Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If you're claiming for April, ie FN01 & FN02 (30th March - 26th April) then that employee must show in STP for that period that they have received $3000 (even if you don't physically pay her until the 8th May).
    So if you can back date an unscheduled payrun into that period then you could do that.
    Regards