Error 7278 - Recon Accounts Home & Business 2020 - has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Peter_10675641
Peter_10675641 Member Posts: 2
Error 7278 - Recon Accounts Home & Business 2020 - has encountered a problem and needs to close. This warning is coming up every time I try to enter a transaction to a share account. There is a problem with the software and it is not allowing new transactions to be entered. How can I resolve as the helpline have referred me to the community site and won't help.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Peter,
    While its a slightly different error code, a good starting point might be the steps outlined in this article -
    Reckon Accounts Personal Range crashes when entering a transaction

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter_10675641
    Peter_10675641 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Hi Rav,

The error come up when I try to enter a transaction on a share purchase and the software closes down. I tried the link you kindly sent through but it doesn't lead to that article ?
  • Paul_7559676
    Paul_7559676 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2020
    Could I suggest you validate your file. It may help. Go to file, file operations, validate.