New Reckon One, existing debtors. How to add?

Diane C
Diane C Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
I have been doing my accounts via Excel spreadsheets up until now but wanted to start the new FY with a computerized program.  How can I put my existing debtors' balances into the system without generating brand new invoices for them? Happy to manually input the data as I only have about 25 of them, but didn't to reissue invoices if I can avoid it. Thanks.

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2017
    12/07/17

Hi Diane,

If you are moving over to Reckon One & are only wanting to setup opening balances for your existing debtors & creditors then this can be done using journals. The information below may point you in the right direction.

Scenario 1: Customer (debtor) John Citizen has a balance of $100.00 which relates to one or more open invoices that are not setup in Reckon One.

You can enter an opening balance journal as follows.

Later when the customer (debtor) makes a payment, you can enter a receipt to offset the outstanding balance.

Scenario 2: You owe a supplier (creditor) Reece Electrical a balance of $60.00 which relates to one or more open bills that are not setup in Reckon One.

You can enter an opening balance journal as follows.

Later when you pay the supplier (creditor), you can enter a payment to offset the outstanding balance.
  • Diane C
    Diane C Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Thank you so much.

• Stacey Geary
    Stacey Geary Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Except this doesn't put the correct allocation into the Income & GST collected  accounts how do you fix that and clear the outstanding amount?