Accounts Hosted 2020 Update not happening

Complete Ute
Complete Ute Member Posts: 9
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
am currently (and have been for many years) using the Reckon Accounts Hosted and generally pretty happy with it. My big issue is the back up.

I am trying to upgrade to the 2020 version and my back up is so large it currently has been stuck at 32% for more than two hours and says "Not Responding"!!

It is ridiculous as I have to sit here all day to make sure that the screen doesn't go black without being able to do any work. I tried this a couple of weeks ago and left for a minute and the screen blacked out and I lost everything. 

Is there someway this can be improved.  Backups have been a long winded issue forever but are now getting absolutely ridiculous.  We use old records so would not wish to restart and we have five computers - do I have to do this for every one of them

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi CU, 
    When you say the backup is large, how large exactly are we talking? ie. how large is your data file?
    Do you regularly perform file maintenance?

I'd recommend taking a look at some of the info in this help guide -
    HELP GUIDE: How do I improve the performance of my company file?

... make sure that the screen doesn't go black without being able to do any work.
    Do you mean that your PC goes to sleep mode? If so, you can change this in your PC/Windows power settings.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Complete Ute
    edited July 2020
    MMM so what am I supposed to do now that I am 2.5 hours into this for the second time.  Back ups have always been a long drawn out process for us.  I was hoping when we changed to Accounts Hosted this issue would be improved.  If anything it is worse!  We have many years info in our program.  Surely there is some way this can be sped up.
  • Complete Ute
    edited July 2020

• Complete Ute
    edited July 2020
    This has been my screen all morning.  How do i know if it is even doing a back up.  When iI go to Reckon Help it says "It is OK to see the no responding warning message during this operation.  Please ensure your PC does not go into sleep mode whilst this process is completing"
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited July 2020
    Give me a call and i will try and help.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Gerry Naughton_8214897
    Gerry Naughton_8214897 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    HI, my experience is that Reckon does not handle well, data files in excess of 1 GB.
    However I have dealt with data files of 2 GB
    Steps to follow
    Before following the upgrade process .
    Do a portable backup and then restore back to Reckon - portable backups seem to help with indexing.
    Run rebuild and let it proceed (best if you can run this on a different PC).
    This can take many hours, so do not interrupt - it will say Not Responding - ignore this
    If errors continue, run another portable backup and redo process.
    My solution, for my clients, was to take the data file (QBW) on a Friday, process as above over weekend, and I would return the QBW upgraded to the client early Monday - allowing time to process is the answer
    Data integrity errors cause the issue and these need to be resolved.
    This is especially true if Rebuild is not regularly performed.
    Having said the above, the client with 2 GB data was eventually forced to upgrade their software to an ERP solution

• Complete Ute
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Gerry
    I'm still stuck at 32% so am thinking I'll can this backup and get some work done.  I might give it a try from home tomorrow.  If I have trouble I may give you a call
  • Complete Ute
    edited July 2020
    No it is not that my screen goes into sleep mode. 
    It is my Reckon disconnects DUE TO INACTIVITY.  How can i stop it disconnecting while my backup runs overnight or similar
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2020
    Try the following:

1) Determine the size of the data file

2) Get a single-user Enterprise desktop licence that matches the Hosted 2020 application and install it. Also download and install the Tax Table update (release R2)
    How to request an offline desktop licence key (single-user) for Reckon Accounts Hosted (Enterprise)

3) Download a copy of the QBW file from the Hosted platform to your local computer

4) Open the QBW file using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2020 R2, so that it goes through the upgrade process (including the backup). This local installation and upgrade should proceed faster than on the Hosted platform.

5) Once the data file has been upgraded, upload that file to your Hosted account

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited July 2020
    My choice

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com