I am trying to do a Profit and Loss report on EOFY 30th June 2020 compared to todays date 4th August

jennifer byrne
jennifer byrne Member Posts: 35
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I need this report today. I have done the balance sheet comparison but cannot for the life of me get the P & L report the same

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Go to reports, financial, profit and loss, previous year comparison. Or open a profit and loss and select modify and tick previous year - down the bottom
  • jennifer byrne
    edited August 2020
    I tried that, it does not work. I spoke to support and he said it cannot be done but I think I have done it before. I can do the report with the balance sheet
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Now that I read what you want exactly I agree - it can’t be done. Except to export both reports on relevant days to excel and compare from there 
  • Brigitte Nott
    Brigitte Nott Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2020
    Go to Reports, Company and Financial, Profit and Loss Previous Year Comparison (modify date if necessary to this financial year to date). I tried this and it seems to work.
  • jennifer byrne
    edited September 2020
    I am trying to do this again and I have now discovered if I do profit and loss comparison for financial compared to last then the figures in this financial year are as at the current date so all I need to do is change the date under this financial year  on the spreadsheet to ie 02- Sep -20. Simples
  • Kris_Williams
    edited September 2020
    Yes but it will be the same date for both years, not 30/6 as well as today’s date
  • jennifer byrne
    edited September 2020
    It shows as the same date ie 30.06.21 but the actual figures are as at today 02.09.20 which is what I want. Try it and see.  Sure beats having to do a spreadsheet comparion

• Kris_Williams
    edited September 2020
    Ok I will, glad you were able to get what you wanted
  • jennifer byrne
    edited September 2020
    Thanks Kris. I will give my boss the spreadsheet with the date changed instead of printed P & L comparison via Reckon. I have checked the figures and they are all good.