Fonts on Reckon Accounts Hosted have become hazy - not clear

Scott McGregor
Scott McGregor Member Posts: 4
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
The last few days the fonts on Reckon Accounts Hosted have become hazy - not clear. Is this a know problem or something only I am raising. I have been using this for years and there has been no recent changes to my setup that can explain this.

Comments

• Christopher Willard
    Christopher Willard Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    I have had the same Problem. No Idea why
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Hi Scott and Christopher,
    Do you notice this applies to all screens you navigate to within Reckon Accounts Hosted or just some/certain areas eg. invoices, employees etc?

Did you first notice this occur after upgrading to Hosted 2020?

To confirm, no changes to your display settings and/or your PC environment have been made?

Are you able to post a screenshot of what your Hosted screen when the text is not showing clearly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Scott McGregor
    edited August 2020
    Hi Ray
    It does apply to all screens navigated within Reckon Accounts Hosted.   When enlarging or reducing the windows window it appears to clarify then becom blurry again once finished resizing the  window.

I believe I transferred to Hosted 2020 early without the issue which I think appeared in the last week or two (perhaps around the time the Hosted 2019 option disappeared)

I can confirm there have been no changes to my PC setup or display settings and the behaviour is only happening with Reckon Hosted.

I am attaching a screen shot
  • Bronwyn Fletcher
    Bronwyn Fletcher Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    I'm having the same problem, and I have been working with Reckon 2020 since beginning of July with no issues until I logged on today.
  • Christopher Willard
    Christopher Willard Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Whats going on? My screen has been like this for around 3 days

• Kristenw
    Kristenw Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    I've had the same issues since upgrading, but my colleagues haven't

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Hi all,
    Can you please confirm which browser you are all using when you notice this happening and more specifically the version number of the browser.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kristenw
    edited August 2020
    I'm using chrome Version 84.0.4147.125
  • Scott McGregor
    edited August 2020
    I'm using Chrome Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Phil Hutchines
    Phil Hutchines Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    The problem is with Chrome.
    In Chrome click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.
    Click on settings.
    In the search panel at the top of the page type  Hardware
    Use hardware acceleration when available should come up
    Switch it off.
    That should fix your problem
    This was given to me by Reckon technical help
  • Scott McGregor
    edited August 2020
    Thanks Phil, I have turned the Hardware acceleration setting in Chrome off as you suggest and the problem has gone!  Much appreciated.
  • Kristenw
    edited August 2020
    That hasn't worked for me 

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Kristen - see if you have windows updates to be installed and install them.  This has helped other users that Phil's suggestion didn't help.
  • Lisa_9446385
    Lisa_9446385 Member Posts: 2

Phil, you Sir, are a legend. This has been sending me insane. Your solution fixed it immediately

• KSDBooks1
    KSDBooks1 Member Posts: 3

This has not worked for me - one page OK but the rest are not it is very hard to read

• Comboprojects
    Comboprojects Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020

This seemed initially to work but now it is all hazy again. incredibly hard to read. Sometimes it seems to reset the font for a while and then it goes hazy again...incredibly frustrating.