Fuzzy/low resolution screen for Reckon Hosted

Paisley Wines
Paisley Wines Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When I look at the Reckon Hosted screen, I am getting a fuzzy/low resolution image. this has been occurring for the last few weeks./It is very hard to see the screen

Comments

• Kristenw
    Kristenw Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    i've been getting this too, but my colleagues haven't
  • John Smith_7071003
    John Smith_7071003 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    yes, I have been getting this for the last 2 weeks as well (both 2019 and 2020 versions) and absolutely nothing has changed with my HW or SW.  Interestingly it fixed itself for about 30mins a few days ago
    HELP
  • Kristenw
    edited August 2020
    Any resolution on this?  It's very hard on the eyes.

• Paisley Wines
    Paisley Wines Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Haven't heard anything... sometimes you get clarity, then I do an invoice (sometimes clear and sometimes fuzzy) and go back to the home page and it is fuzzy again.
  • Michelle_8612833
    Michelle_8612833 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Hi All, has there been any fix for this problem, it is happening to my Employers screen but not mine

• Kristenw
    edited August 2020
    Mine still isn't fixed

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Search this community for others who have asked a similar / same question - there is a setting in google chrome to help fix it.
  • Kristenw
    edited August 2020
    That fix hasn't worked for me.
  • Michelle_8612833
    Michelle_8612833 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Thank you found it, when in Reckon Hosted click on the three dots (Chrome) on the right hand side and make sure the zoom is on 100%, fixed the boss's screen.
  • Vicki White
    Vicki White Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    I've had the same problem since upgrading from Desktop to Hosted.  It's causing me eye strain.  All of my other internet sites are perfect.  It's disappointing when you pay that much per year you would hope it's an improvement.  :-(

I also have key lag on the site too. 
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Did you try Michelle's fix above Vicki?
  • Vicki White
    edited August 2020
    Yes, I tried that but no good.  I've tried opening Reckon in Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox - all blurry.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited August 2020
    Try Google Chrome and then try what Michelle suggested Vicki.
  • Vicki White
    edited August 2020
    Thank you Robyn.  That's what I use currently.
  • Michelle_Smith
    Michelle_Smith Member Posts: 6

I tried what Michelle suggested on my computer, still have no change. Any other computer works just fine.

• brisbaneblinds
    brisbaneblinds Member Posts: 7

We are also having the same issue. Has anyone been able to fix this?

• Michelle_Smith
    Michelle_Smith Member Posts: 6

LOW RESOLUTION RECKON HOSTED

i had look at the other discussion regarding the same issue. above is the title of the discussion. I tried what was suggested and it worked so far. If you would like to give a go?

• JP_10124694
    JP_10124694 Member Posts: 10

this worked for me..

Does this happen in Google Chrome? If it does, please try turning off Hardware Acceleration. Go to the top right corner and click on the 3 vertical dots > choose Settings > Advanced > System> turn off

• Vicki White

I have tried all the recommended steps and still blurry.

The Reckon log in screen is clear but as soon as my file opens, it is blurry.

• JS58
    JS58 Member Posts: 1

I am having the same problem! Have tried all suggested fixes to no avail.... Any other suggestions?

• Debra_7040819
    Debra_7040819 Member Posts: 19

I've been having the same problem for the last week, I've tried everything suggested & for a fleeting moment the screens look correct, as soon as you click on anything the screen reverts back to the same problem. We need this fixed, it's very poor for eyesight & incredibly hard to see screens clearly especially have you have poor eyesight.

• Wendy_7689800
    Wendy_7689800 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭

I've also been experiencing the same problem, the screen flicks periodically. Some times it's fine, then other times, every transaction (that changes the screen) results in the characters going out of focus, for a number of seconds, then reverts back to clear. When doing numerous transactions, it stays out of focus. Then later it is sorted again. The "fuzziness" looks like a screen running at the wrong resolution. I have attached 2 photos, bit hard to see, but they show the difference I'm seeing. Would be interested to hear if the problems others are describing are the same as this, or if I should start a different thread?

• Paul_LFD
    Paul_LFD Member Posts: 2

Hello all,

I too am having the problem with low resolution characters on the screen, it started with one computer, now my computer, I still have other in my organization where the problem is not present. I have tried the suggested fixes in the forum, yet nothing work more than a couple of seconds, if at all.

Reckon support, Please help

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi all,

In the first instance, I'd recommend following the steps outlined in this help guide -

HELP GUIDE: Reckon Accounts Hosted blurry screen

While I believe the steps outlined in the article have already been shared in this discussion, for anyone that has not done so and is using Google Chrome, please try it out as there have been a number of successful reports.

If you're still experiencing issues after the above, please get in touch with our technical support team and we'll have a technician take a closer look into your configuration/browser/PC environment etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Paul_LFD
    Paul_LFD Member Posts: 2

I followed the instruction s in the help guide and it seems to have worked. I can say I did not press the 'Relaunch' icon in my first attempt, therefore not initiating the setting.

• Jilly Singleton
    Jilly Singleton Member Posts: 8

I tried the help info above https://help.reckon.com/article/xofsx7u6rp-kba-5754-hosted-checkerboard-screen-issue

and it worked, now kicking myself I left it for so long 🙄

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I have a new computer and had to go through this process once again but various attempts seemed okay until i started scrolling.. I ended up following the help guide provided by Rav above and it worked. The two "tricks" were to exit out of Reckon and to relaunch the browser after turning off hardware accelerator.