The Reckon Community – Some big and exciting changes ahead!

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi everyone!

As you know, the Reckon Community is our online platform where Reckon users, Partners and staff can interact with one another to ask questions, get help, or discuss topics related to Reckon software. It’s a vibrant space that is driven by our users and together we’ve built a vast repository of information and support when it comes to Reckon software. 

The forum platform that the Reckon Community has been powered by has served us well for many years (since the Reckon Community was created in 2013!) however the time has come for a change, and more importantly, a change for the better with our Community members firmly in mind at the forefront of this.

So with that said, we're very excited to announce that the Reckon Community will soon be moving to a brand-new forum platform which will allow us to completely transform & enhance the user experience on the Community, while at the same time retain the essence of what makes our community so special. It will be easier to create a new conversation, participate in an existing one or find info from previous questions and conversations and engage with fellow Community members.

We’ve worked hard to ensure that our Community remains user friendly, navigation is easy and that the transition over is as smooth as possible.

SOME KEY THINGS TO KNOW
  • As an existing registered member of the Reckon Community your account will be migrated over to the new platform and the email address you use to sign-in will remain the same. Passwords will be reset and you will be prompted to create a new password when you login for the first time.
  • Existing conversations from the Reckon Community will be migrated to the new platform including posts, replies, images and other media.
  • Your display name/user name may change. Our new platform requires unique user names so in the event that there are multiple members with the same name, the data migration will add a number to the end of your user name. You’re more than welcome to change your user name in your profile after logging in to the new Reckon Community.
  • We’ll be moving away from the current threaded post structure to a more linear quote and @mention feature which will make it easier to see who is being responded to. We’ve found the current threaded method can make the flow of the conversation confusing particularly on a busy discussion.
  • There will be some changes to existing categories in an effort to cut down on some of the clutter from redundant product categories and streamline ease of use. 
  • Profile pictures: You’ll receive a new default profile picture on the new platform however you’ll be able to upload a new one in your profile settings.
  • Your existing points from activity on the Reckon Community will not be carried over to the new platform. Instead we have some fun new options for Community participation, and we’re excited to build this out in conjunction with user feedback.
We're very excited about launching the all-new Reckon Community and really hope you will enjoy the new platform. We’re working through a few remaining details and once finalised I’ll update this announcement with info on timing and launch. It will be an evolving project and we'd love to gauge your feedback once the new Community is up & running.

Finally, I’d like to thank everyone who uses the Reckon Community and in particular our regular members & Partners who take the time to share their expertise and assist fellow members.

If you have any questions about the upcoming changes, please let me know and I’ll do my best to answer.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi Rav,

Will the lack of response/or time it takes for a Reckon employee to respond to us also improve?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2020
    Hi Kali,
    The Reckon staff who volunteer their time on the Community do a really great job and that will continue. To be fair though, the purpose of the Community is to bring the network of Reckon users together to share in conversations, insights and ideas and yes of course, we (Reckon) are a part of that too but the Community has wider reach than just a one way channel. Admittedly, while I'd love to be across every single conversations here, realistically that won't always be the case unfortunately.

We've got an awesome group of folks and a treasure trove of information here, I'm excited to contribute towards building and growing this further on the new Reckon Community, hopefully I see you there as well :)

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kali
    edited September 2020
    Hi Rav,

I appreciate that, and agree the Reckon staff who volunteer do an amazing job; however, as i am sure you can appreciate payroll professionals need quick responses in order for them to process payroll to their best capability. It's important we can rely on a software and their support.

When support over the phone can either have long delays or the response time and time again is defaulted to a "corrupt file" you can imagine how frustrating this can be for users.

I have been using this software for nearly 20 years and agree when the support is done well, it's done really well; however, when it's done poorly it really is a struggle. 

By reading the many posts on here i know i am definitely not isolated in feeling this way. I also struggle as to why error's are not fixed from one release to another, nor are update/patches regularly communicated.

It would be nice to feel heard, along with the other members of the community and when we raise the same issues over and over again - items are updated. No doubt Reckon are sick of hearing them.

In saying the above, things have definitely improved over the last couple of years, but like anything, definitely still room for improvement.

Cheers,

Kali

• Steve Stokes
    Steve Stokes Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2020
    It is a pity that Reckon do not take an active approach in the community and feel it is enough that staff should volunteer their time to be part of it. 
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I feel that quite a few people who have commented here have missed the whole point on the intention and purpose of an internet forum.
  • Steve Stokes
    edited September 2020
    This is not just any Internet forum. It is one provided and managed by Reckon. It is also a forum they tell people to use for support. For a business I am paying subscription fees each month to use their product, their professionalism is lacking.
  • Kali
    edited September 2020
    Eric, when support staff direct you to this site for "support" this is no longer just a "forum".
  • Steve Stokes
    edited September 2020
    Eric,, you may also want to read the post the "Community Notice Board" - 'Welcome to the Reckon Community - a central place for our customers to find answers from our expert users, partners and of course, Reckon staff.'

So why should staff volunteer their time to do this?
  • Rav
    edited September 2020
    Hi all,
    Let me clarify any confusion here. I'm the Community Manager here at Reckon and my role is to look after this platform, that is my focus and will continue to be. We also have other staff from various areas of the business such as technical support, development etc who participate and engage with our members, that will also continue. That's a really good thing as it brings in different expertise, ideas and points of view.
    The Community has proven itself to be a great resource for support, among other uses, and we'll only continue to build on this. As the name suggests though, it is a Community, not a one-way channel.

The purpose of this specific announcement is to give Community members awareness on some upcoming changes to the Reckon Community platform and if you have any further questions on that topic itself, then please post them below. If you'd like to discuss something outside of this topic specifically, please create a new post.

• Steve Stokes
    edited September 2020
    I felt the comments above where on topic given that you talk about it being place for staff to share in conversations etc. As a community member and as a subscriber to one of your products was surprised to hear how this interaction is managed. I am not going to comment further because your above comment further reinforces the lack of respect by Reckon to it's subscribers. That is, I feel yout comment basically says cease and desist because you feel the earlier discussion is off topic. 
This discussion has been closed.