connect to Server on azure

Options
mark_10856165
mark_10856165 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2020 in Reckon API
Hi there.
My organisation is developing a solution for our client will be using Reckon. As part of our development testing, we have created a test server on Azure.
We have installed Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2020 Download: http://downloads.reckon.com.au/Reckon_Accounts_Business_Range_2020_R1.exe on the server and its working there.
I then installed the same program on a laptop so that we can test what the final product will look like.
But I cannot find where to connect (or point) the client to the server.
It seems that while there is plenty documentation relating to a hosted (by Reckon) solution, there isn't much documentation covering this this scenario. 

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark,

I'm happy to help.

Looks like you are developing a standalone app to connect to Reckon Desktop? Are you using the SDK to connect or the Web Connector?

You can contact me, my email is phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• David Huang
    David Huang Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark,

Make sure you have connection between Desktop and Azure Server 1st.

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Looks like your trying do something you’ll need a high speed dedicated network connection to azure for depending on the size of the data file and numbers of. Clients it serves.

Your best bet would be Remote Desktop via VPN to azure or Citrix anything other similar. To many fail points the other way. Network being the main one.
  • Rod Nugent
    Rod Nugent Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Mark

The way I use the api, it connects through Windows and calls the api .DLL entry points.  I use Reckon Desktop Enterprise, it runs local in Windows and the api integrated application run in the same local Windows.  When I connect, the local Reckon Accounts sees the connection and asks to accept the connection.  If Reckon not's running the api can start it - I don't use that - but it has to be running locally.

You are running your integrated application locally in Windows in your PC and the Reckon Accounts remotely in Windows in Azure.  That's not going to work with the desktop api.
  • mark_10856165
    mark_10856165 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks all. 
    It seems that I need to get VPN up and running first. then I can troubleshoot afterwards. So let me see what I can do from here.
  • PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark,

That's right, as long as your local Reckon desktop can open the server file (thru VPN) then your app running in the same PC can connect to that file.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au