Change username for this community site

Kris_Williams
Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
edited September 2020 in About Reckon Community

My name has reverted to part of my email address, how can I change it back?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi,

Tap on your profile in the top right corner and select 'Edit Profile'. You can change your username from there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I tried that and the username field was greyed out

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for trying @critters222, I've just tested it out and can see what you mean. Let me get looked into because it definitely should be working and was during my testing so that's a tad annoying.

Will come back to you on this.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav

Hi again @critters222

While I'm getting this looked into, if you can let me know what username you'd like, I should be able to update it for you manually. It just needs to be unique, only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Cheers 😊

• Kris_Williams

Kris Williams please Rav, just like before

• Kris_Williams

Was able to edit and change username this morning. I haven’t had a verification email and am not seeing any new posts

• Kris_Williams

Where do I go to see what categories I have ticked to follow?

• Rav

Hi @Kris_Williams,

Glad you saw the user name edit function come through overnight and that you used it to change your username successfully.

Regarding the notifications for new posts in individual categories, you'll find that in your profile as well in the same place as your previous email notification settings. You can tick if you'd like to be notified for new discussions within an individual category and also for each new comment as well within posts in that category.

Please keep in mind though that this may cause you to receive a fair few emails depending on the volume of posts being created so you may want to start off with just ticking the 'discussions' option for one or two categories first and see how you go.