Reckon Accounts Hosted API Time Out Errors

Michael Thomson
Michael Thomson Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I have an integration set up using the Reckon Accounts Hosted API that has been running mostly smoothly for the past year or so.

In the last couple of days I have been frequently getting query time out errors when trying to perform requests. Notably with CustomerQueryRq using the following qbxml pattern:

<CustomerQueryRq>

<NameFilter>

<MatchCriterion>EndsWith</MatchCriterion>

<Name>NameSnippet</Name>

</NameFilter>

<IncludeRetElement>ListID</IncludeRetElement>

<IncludeRetElement>Name</IncludeRetElement>

</CustomerQueryRq>

This error will typically occur repeatedly for periods of up to an hour before suddenly clearing up.

Is there a common cause for these periods of poor response times? And is there anything I can do from an API perspective to improve performance?

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Hi Michael,

I have no comment on the problem you have as I don't have enough information (it can be because of number of customers in the file, network speed issue, etc..)

When I have to constantly querying customers or any entity list from a file, I would rather download all customers in for first time, then query new/updated customer since the last time I run the query and save them all to a database. Then, whenever I want to look for a customer, I simply query from the database. The incremental call can be called in every x minutes and it only take a few seconds to complete.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Michael Thomson
    Michael Thomson Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the help,

Yes it is a difficult to diagnose issue from my end as well. I am mainly hoping to find out if this is at all a common issue.

My working theory is that it is perhaps down to the level of activity on the file since there could be other users on the file doing any number of commands.

Normally this type of call will return almost instantly. So the times it doesn't really stand out.

Cheers,

Michael.