accessing old quickbooks desktop files (NOT reckon one but no other category fitted)

Kelly Gang
Kelly Gang Member Posts: 7
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi We upgraded to quickbooks online about 5 yrs ago but need to access some data in our old quickbooks desktop file. Unfortunately I cant open it and are getting an error message saying an administrator has blocked me from running the app. Any thoughts how to rectify this as its important we can access the data.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

This is because Reckon have stopped you using the old program, or at least that has been my experience, you can upload to Reckon Hosted if that is what you are using and upgrade the file and open there. What is the old version you were using?

• Kelly Gang

Kris thank you for your comment. We used qbooks desktop from about 1995 to early 2000s, so Im not sure of the version. Im using quickbooks online now. Are you saying we could have a try uploading file to it? Any tips how to do that? thanks for your kindness! :)

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You can’t upload such an early version without first upgrading it through V2007, I am happy to help with that if you wanted to send me the backup

• Kelly Gang

HI Kris I would like to try. How would I send it to you and what would it cost? Thanks Kat

• Kris_Williams

Call me 0415940843

Won’t cost anything

• Kelly Gang

Thanks Kris. I will call tomorrow. Bless

• Kris_Williams

Ok I just hope we can make it work. What I will get you to do is send me a backup, if you have one or the data file. I’m assuming it’s a large file and so I use we transfer.com.to send it.

yep call me tomorrow, I’m in Sydney, so any time after 9.30

• Kris_Williams
    edited September 2020

Kat I noticed I made a typo, the website I use to send files is wetransfer.com, but we’ll talk about it tomorrow

• Kelly Gang

thanks Kris, will call later today