Trial balance does not balance

Hi there

My trial balance has not balanced since 30th June 2017. Note we did install a Point of Sale at about this time. The Net assets also does not equal the net equity by the same amount. I would appreciate any support to fix this problem.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you tried a rebuild of data?

• Gabrielle Baudinette
    Gabrielle Baudinette Member Posts: 17

Yes I have. Doesn't make any difference.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Actually I responded to you on a previous post, but what program is it Reckon Hosted?

• Gabrielle Baudinette

Reckon Accounts Plus 2020 desktop version. I have been using Quickbooks and reckon for years and I think my data file is too big. I am thinking about creating a new company file. We are no longer using the point of sale program as we have stopped selling inventory

• Kris_Williams

As it’s not Hosted I couldn’t log on, I am more than happy to look at the file though if you wanted to send me a backup. I can tell you how to send large files if you decide to go ahead and don’t know how

critters@netspace.net.au

• Gabrielle Baudinette

What do you charge? In 2017-18 it is out by $0.50 but in 2018-19 it goes out by $265.94 and is still out by that much now

• Kris_Williams

I won’t charge anything, that’s the idea of this community blog - to help each other

• Gabrielle Baudinette

That would be great if you could tell me how to send a large file. Also if you had any idea of how I can reduce the file size so retorts

• Kris_Williams
    edited October 2020

Not easy to reduce file size, I can have a look at that as well. How big is your backup?

backup your file

go to we transfer.com No need to sign up or pay, use free version

follow screens to add your backup file

put your email address and mine in relevant place and then click send

dont close the window until it has finished uploading

you can call me if necessary. 0415940843

• Gabrielle Baudinette

sorry... so reports load faster (particular the BAS)

• Kris_Williams

I knew what you meant. As I said not a lot can be done except to start a new file, I can also advise you on that once I have looked at it. How many years have you been using it?

• Gabrielle Baudinette

I think it would be 25 years plus

• Kris_Williams

Problem sorted, give me a call 0415940843