GST TURNOVER REPORTING FOR JOB KEEPER AND FINALLY FOR BAS REPORTING-CASH BASIS

Hi

please guide me as which reports that I should run in Reckon Accounts Premier 2020, in order to submit GST Turnover for Job Keeper as well as for BAS reporting.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I use a comparison profit and Loss report for jobkeeper, on cash basis, and Net totals (excluding GST). For Jobkeeper 2 the date range would be last quarter, and % is ticked

The total income figures are the relevant ones.

I use a tax payable summary report for BAS, using same criteria depending on BAS requirement - Cash

That is the report but I have other procedures to prove that I am correct as well

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner

Whilst Kris uses a cash basis for her reports you must cash or accruals depending on the basis on which you report for your BAS. This is a legislative requirement

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

The question stated he is Cash basis

1312029 Member Posts: 23

Hi Kris & Bruce, thank you very much for the reply.

Also please tell me, what is the path to obtain tax payable summary report for BAS reporting. (on cash basis).

Is it under Reports-Tax-Tax Liability or any other report ?

Regards

Lilani

• Kris_Williams

I use the Tax Payable summary, same place as the other one you mentioned. You may have to edit the preferences to get the report on Cash basis, and select modify, advanced, and select Non Zero in columns and rows to only show relevant columns with figures. Once it is how I want it I memorise it

Thank you Kris.

kindly advice me on the impact on ticking the box for Taxable Payment Report under company preferences under Tax.

Regards

Lilani

• Kris_Williams

That is for sub contractors annual report - do you have any?

No sub contractors. thank you Kris