Jobkeeper 2 - nominating Tiers and start date.

Therese R
Therese R Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

We have been receiving jobkeeper 1 and therefore have set up Payroll Premier as instructed using the Allowance Jobkeeper Top-up. There was no requirement to identify FN's as in other Reckon products. I now see we have to add new allowance types to identify the Employee Tier type and the FN start and finish types.

Our first Payment under Jobkeeper 2 commenced last week (we pay weekly) and I was not aware that we had to do add these new allowance types for Jobkeeper 2 in Payroll Premier - just identify employees within the ATO portal.

Most of our employees receive more than jobkeeper anyway (therefore no Jobkeeper top up payment) but do we still have to nominate their FN start date (FN14) and Tier type even though we are continuing on from Jobkeeper 1 even though they didn't receive a Jobkeeper Top-up?

As I have already sent the first STP report of the payment of Jobkeeper 2 from last week, can I nominate FN14 and the tier in the pay run I processed on Monday before I send the STP report for this week? Or do I have to do an amended payrun for last week reflecting the FN and tier?

Comments

• Mark_9171963
    Mark_9171963 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭

Excellent questions regarding Payroll Premier, we have exactly the same queries.

Can we please get an answer on this as our next pay day is tomorrow 8th October?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi guys,

With the introduction of the new Tier items, Payroll Premier can now use the full JobKeeper payment solution introduced in JobKeeper 2 from within the software if you wish.

Please see our JobKeeper FAQ and also the guide on JobKeeper 2 payments with Payroll Premier below.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_9171963

Thanks Rav.

You say "Payroll Premier can now use the full JobKeeper payment solution introduced in JobKeeper 2 from within the software if you wish".

Does this mean we can still elect to do this just through the ATO Portal if we choose?

• Therese R
    Therese R Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Thank you Rav -the link to the Jobkeeper Payments FAQ answers my questions.

But are you also saying in your response that we don't have to utilise it if we choose not to?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2020

That's correct Mark & Therese, you can continue using the ATO Business Portal method 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mark_9171963

Thank you for the quick response Rav, much appreciated. 😃

• Simone Wendt
    Simone Wendt Member Posts: 2

'Can I please confirm that we can continue using the ATO business hub to elect employees rather than setting up new allowances?

• Rav

Hi @Simone Wendt yes you can continue using the ATO Business Portal method to define your employees as opposed to entering the tier codes within the software itself.