customer type - individual vs business

Leona
Leona Member Posts: 2

I don't seem to be able to create any new customers with the type "individual". All new customers are "business" with no way to choose "individual". Anyone else?? thanks

Comments

• Steve Saffell
    Steve Saffell Member Posts: 6

Yes we have found the same thing and hope that the option to choose "individual" can be reinstated. Cheers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi guys,

Hopefully I can help clear this up a bit. The ‘Contacts’ area in Reckon One is going through a change with the end goal of making it a lot simpler and removing some of the unnecessary that was in there before. The first phase is an update that came through on Friday.

You may have noticed that the ‘This contact is’ option has been removed. Previously customers and suppliers could either be an individual or an business. Moving forward they are the 'business' type.

Example:

Previously an individual could have a first name & a surname;

First Name: John

Surname: Smith

Now that same data appears in a Business Name format;

Business Name: <First name> + space <Surname> (ie. John Smith)

We will be introducing new 'Contact' functionality which can be linked to a customer, supplier or super fund record. With the new Contact function, you can also send forms such as invoices, quotes, etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leona
    Leona Member Posts: 2

Hmm ok. Thanks Rav. i'll guess we'll see how the new functionality works. L

• Joanne_MGR
    Joanne_MGR Member Posts: 1

I am not a fan, but at least I understand what happened. Would it be possible to add a notice in the relevant screen to indicate the change for users?

• maranoaTravel
    maranoaTravel Member Posts: 2

when can we start using this?