Invoice/Estimate List is Full

I am using Reckon Home and Business 2016 (Desktop version), and have been using Reckon products for more than 20 years, but today I am stuck.

When I attempt to create a new invoice I get the message "The Invoice/Estimate list is full.".

I have traditionally not done year-end copies etc so that I can do long term reporting/comparisons etc. but found after reading the community support forum that the only way to fix this problem was to do a year-end copy. I did this and my transactions were reduced to the date specified but the invoice list was not! I have also tried a file copy with a reduced date range but that also reduced the transactions in the file but not the invoice list. How do fix this problem? 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Its not quite the same situation, but just confirming when you went through the process to create your year end copy did you follow the steps that are also outlined in this help guide?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

You may need to delete some of the older invoices, i dont think it affects anything.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Daniel Southam
    Daniel Southam Member Posts: 3

Rav, Yes, I followed the help guide instructions. (As a side note my tax control account is not hidden)

Gerry, it appears you can only delete invoices individually which will take forever. There must be a better way?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

You may not have a choice

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Hi Daniel,

I can help you to quickly create a small tool that can delete old invoices (even with payments or deposits). Let me know if you are interested.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• GerryWinter

PhuongDo I wouldnt mind a copy myself.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Daniel Southam
    Daniel Southam Member Posts: 3

PhuongDo, I am interested in the quick tool you offered. Please contact me at manager @ southamsolutions dot com dot au