QuickBooks Plus 2011/12 - Unable to get a licence number generated

Options
AgriLogic
AgriLogic Member Posts: 4
edited October 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I've just downloaded an update for this software, went through a telephone conversation with support, downloaded the update as suggested, reinstalled the data from a backup, then called to get the new licence number only to be told that it cannot be generated for this software.

Surely this is possible? Do I just go back and use the old licence number?

I'm only using this category 'cause I couldn't post without selecting something.

Yours in frustration.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Unfortunately, older versions of software can no longer be activated.

Out of curiosity though, what was the update to this software version that you downloaded/installed?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AgriLogic
    Options

OK then? 😡 Quickbooks Pro 10/11 was working fine for me but I needed to update my computer. How do I get the software from one computer to the other, given I have mislaid the CD it came on. It wasn't broken til Reckon "fixed" it.

There has to be a solution to this, like everything in life

• AgriLogic
    Options

The only information I have is 2011/12 - R2 (downloaded file)

I was upgrading from 2010-11

Product key 10290-20901-99201-020044

Last Licence Refresh June 17, 2015

Next required Licence Refresh December 31, 2029

So 9 years still to run on that one.

The question I asked Support was. I have a new computer running Windows 10, I can't locate the CD

Is there a way to transfer the software from the old computer to the new? That will give me 9 years and by that stage I will probably have retired.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Even if you could install, that date of 2029 is no longer valid, many computers with similar dates had updates come through from Reckon that made the software suddenly out of date.

• AgriLogic
    Options

Thanks for your comments Kris. I would like to think that Reckon would have a work around for this situation. I know that some will be thinking that its an easy solution, but after growing up with QuickBooks, I was able to pick bits from it that made it really work for me from a management perspective and to get those aspects back, I'd be paying an annual subscription close to the total cost of the original package I bought. Then there is the overheads/down time of learning a new system.

If anyone knows how to copy the QuickBooks software across to the new computer it would be much appreciated.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Not possible, they want you to upgrade to the latest, expensive, annual subscription.