Reckon One extra tax not calculating

Kris_Williams
Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
I entered an additional 9.45 in an employee’s tax tab, which should have increased their weekly tax from 146.00 to 155.45, but when I process a pay only 155.00 is entered. Tried a number of times and still cannot get it to deduct the extra .45

Comments

• Amanda Hook
    Amanda Hook Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2020
    If you scroll down to gross pay & click on edit symbol you can change manually.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    Yes I did that but this has to be adjusted every week and it should reflect what I have entered in the Employee’s name
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kris, I can't say this is my area of expertise but if you can give me a full breakdown of what you have for this employee and a screenshot as well, I'll ask some folks internally to get some insight

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Rav, as you can see the first shot shows no additional tax entered and the pay run deducts 146.00. The next employee details shot shows an extra 9.45 for tax, however the tax only changes by 9.00image
  • LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kris

Have you looked in the payroll settings, the payroll defaults, to see if you have rounded payroll to the nearest dollar.

To find this setting, go to your Payroll, Payroll setup, Payroll accounts, advanced and scroll down about 3/4 down the page.

Lynda
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kris,
    Just getting back to you on this. I've checked in with our Reckon One product team about this and they've advised that tax is calculated and displayed in Reckon One to the nearest dollar. They have also advised that this can be overrided to show the full figure with cents as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    edited July 2020
    Yes I can override it, but I have to do it every week. I also found a box that said to round payments to the nearest dollar, expecting it would adjust the pay but it didn’t.
  • Kris_Williams
    edited July 2020
    Yes Lynda I looked in there, see my screenshot above, it wasn’t set to rounding but I did try setting it to round to $1 but still left the extra .45 in the pay run. I actually did not see an advanced tab, this is Reckon One
  • Kris_Williams

Further to my issue, as a result of the new tax rates I have now adjusted the extra tax figure for one employee to 30.45 but the .45 does not get added to the tax amount and I have to manually override the tax figure every week, is there nothing can be done about this?

I just want the net to be whole dollars