Reckon Personal renewal paid but licence expiry date did not change

Paid the renewal two weeks ago and received confirmation. When the expiry date did not change on my online Licence details, I ran Reckon support and was told that the licence details would update on the expiry date, and all was in order. I tried to tell them that in previous years the licence details updated immediately, but they were insistent all would be OK..

Of course, tried to log in this morning, but could not do so as my licence had expired! Tried to ring Reckon, and after go through a number of menu's, listening to endless recorded messages, I was told I was ringing out of hours, and the call was terminated.

I have tried doing manual updates, but it seems the Product Keys, etc that I have do not apply to the renewal.

I am very frustrated as I foresaw this eventuality and tried to sort it out a week or so ago, but was assured all was OK. I can't really wait until Monday as there are issues I was going to sort out over this weekend.

Any clues please?

Richard

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

What version do you have installed?

• Richard_6859947
    Richard_6859947 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Updated last year, 2019.

Interesting saga, as the initial renewal notice I received was for 2019, which I paid twelve months ago. When I queried that, they apologised and the 2010 renewal was sent, so I suspect a glitch with my account, hence the follow up during the week to receive reassurance that all was OK.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Call me on Monday and we will have a look.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Richard_6859947

Thanks Gerry, I was hoping to get this sorted sooner as I have a fairly hectic week coming up. That's why I rang them earlier in the week to pre-empt the issue so that I would have the required access over the weekend.

I will give the Contact phone number a buzz when I have time, hopefully Monday, but most likely later in the week, and let you know if they can't sort it out.

Thanks so much for your interest

Richard

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Have you downloaded the latest version from your members site as you will find the installation key there as well, the 2021 is due for release next week from what i understand and that will have adifferent installation key.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Richard_6859947

Thanks Gerry

Appreciate the advice. I did download the latest version but hesitated on pressing Run! I am not that keen to "fiddle" by playing around with version updates, as my back-up is a week old, so would be in a bit of a mess if things didn't work out. I did try running the current installed version with the old installation keys that I had, but no good. I should have backed up on Friday, given my suspicions that the roll-over was in doubt. I will make time tomorrow to follow up with the Support number and hopefully it can be sorted quickly. Many years ago I could still access data, etc when the renewals didn't go to plan, only thing I couldn't do was the online stuff. At the moment I have no access to anything!

All the best

Richard

• GerryWinter

let me do it for you. just call me

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Richard_6859947

Thanks so much Gerry

I received your note a bit late and didn't want to disturb your Sunday evening.

I rang Reckon this morning, got through straight away, and after they refreshed my account settings I was up and running in a couple of minutes.

keep safe😀

Richard