attachments

I had tp back up and move some of the folders on my computer, no I get the message that the attachments are no longer attached. How do I get them re attached and where are they?

Recon Accounts PP 2020

Comments

• Irmina
    Irmina Member Posts: 15

sorry about the spelling - a sign of my frustration

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Irmina

Thanks Rav I followed the work around and this message came up

• Irmina
    edited November 2020

Hi Again Rav,

I have resolved that by using another back up but I still have not attachments. I have found them in a different folder (called attach) but how do I link them please?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Irmina,

The Attach folder needs to be in the same location as your restored file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Irmina
    edited November 2020

I think it is??? see above. Attach is in the same folder as the back up file? within the attach folder there are 2 folders QDATA1~1 and QDATA1~2 and with in each of those is a folder Txn which in turn holds lots of numbered folders each holding an attachment. So all my receipts are still around just not attached to a transaction

• Rav

Cool thanks Irmina.

From the sounds of it, you need to refresh the link to the attachment. Try out the process from step 4 of the screenshot I posted in my last post just above and let me know if that solves it for you.

• Irmina

Sorry Rav, I clicked on the attachment tab and there is no attachment to see, they have all been removed. I would have to reattach all (hundreds?) one by one.

• Irmina

Can I have an answer please?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Answers are exactly that, answers, not magic solutions. Sometimes it’s very difficult, even for the professionals to figure things out. I’m sure Rav and his team are doing their best.

• Irmina

Thansk Kris,

I am sure they are. I just wish I can get past the initial problem so I can use what otherwise is a great product. I have used if for more than 20 years, but am getting frustrated with it now.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Yes I do understand your frustration, I too have been a Reckon user for the same time, and now the programs are even more complex!