Hosted Multi User Problems

Options
John Graetz
John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I am having problems this afternoon using a company file in multi-user mode. Despite the file being set for multi-user, when a second person logs in, they are automatically disconnecting the other person. This is happening from both sides, in other words, it does not matter who logs in first, the second person to log in, kicks the other person out. Also, have noticed at times, as the second user, I am being told that the other user is doing something which is preventing me opening the file and that I need to wait. This is happening when there are no open windows. Is anybody else having this experience this afternoon?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited November 2020
    Options

i found this happens if I log into a file with only one login username, it kicks the first user off, but I know you will have 2 different names

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kris. Yes, you are correct. I have even used two different usernames to login without there being any difference. It has never happened before with this particular other user and I have never experienced it anywhere else either. I notice that somebody else had a similar problem a few days ago, where the solution was to do verify and rebuild. I have not had the opportunity to do that yet. I just started to do that and was surprised to see that the other person's username came up by default, which is now starting to be very weird behaviour. Having now done the verify and three rebuilds, I will look for an opportunity to see if anything has changed.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

What about logging off remote sessions?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @John Graetz

This does sound rather strange. Please let me know if the same behaviour persists after the rebuilds and the cache clear.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.