Error 6949

I have just upgraded to Reckon 2021 and have been able to open files. However when I try to backup I get error 6949. Unable to find what this means.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Wendy,

Which backup method are you choosing? Local backup with or without the .rkn compression method ticked?

Are you backing up directly to your local PC storage or to a removable drive eg. USB flash drive etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• wendy_8649690
    wendy_8649690 Member Posts: 2

I have tried to back up both local and to external disc and get same result.(Error 6949) The compression data box is ticked.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Wendy.

Ok, my first recommendation to you is to review the information in the help guide linked below. In particular the section around the file name ie. rename your file name to something less than 8 characters in length.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Call me on 0418907140 and i will try and fix it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com