Change Company Name

Linda_7590330
Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the name of the Company at the login screen? The actual company details are correct within the accounts but the login has the company spelt incorrectly - is is possible to correct that?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Linda

Are you referring to the user name/user ID that you use to login to the Hosted service itself?

If so, this can only be changed by request to our Hosted technical support team. Give the team a buzz on 1300 799 150 and they can organise this with you.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda_7590330

Thanks for the quick response Rav but no, I mean after I have logged into the account and selected 'Launch Accounts 2020 R2'. The next screen shows our list of companies and one of those is spelt incorrectly. This is what I want to change, is that possible?

Thanks

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited November 2020

If it’s just the name of the file you’re referring to yes you can change it, many ways to do it, but one way would be to restore the file from a backup and change the name as you do it. You will then have 2 files on the Q drive and once you are happy that everything is working ok you can delete the old one. You can also click the down arrow on the floating toolbar, right click on the name and rename it ( think that last one will work)

That last way didn’t work I just tried it

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Oh you mean the file name for the company file itself?

Yes this can be changed, I'll link a guide that has step by step instructions on how to do so -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda_7590330

Great assistance - thanks Rav

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Good to know thanks Rav.............

• Linda_7590330

Sorry - me again! In the file list, I can see the company name i want to change but it does not have .QBW as a file extension. It just has the name XXXXXX-052563 with no extension. Is this the right file or am I looking in the wrong place?

• Rav

Sounds a bit strange, are you able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing on-screen @Linda (feel free to obscure any of the actual file names etc). Do you have all your company files saved into the one directory in the Q drive?

Ensure that you're looking in the location where the QBW file is saved. If you're not quite sure or want to double check where that is, open the desired company file and then press Ctrl and 1 when the file is open. A product information window will appear and it will contain the full directory/location where the QBW file you have open is saved.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or helps but perhaps your 'Name' field needs to be extended to show the full names of the files. Hopefully my screenshot below illustrates what I mean which is to drag the name column to extend it wider.

• Linda_7590330

Thanks Rav - here's the screenshot

These 4 files are the only ones in the list that mention the Company names. I noticed in your screenshot, the "Look In" file was Reckon. The following screenshots shows the only directories that fall under the Q drive.

• Kris_Williams

Files can be stored in any folder you wish, so it’s all different for everybody. As Rav says determine the folder your file is in and then follow his instructions. But also widen your columns so you can see everything

• Rav

Hi @Linda

@Kris_Williams is on the money here, the location of your file will be different for everyone depending on where you've saved it. In my case, my .QBW file is saved in a folder I created called Reckon.

Best thing would be to locate the directory for the particular company file in question (use the method I outlined in my previous post) and then you should be able to follow the steps to rename it.

• Linda_7590330

Thanks again Rav - I have located the file as per your instructions but I don't see this string anywhere on the Q: drive?

The only other drive available is the B: drive where I store the backups and there are no .QBW files in there

Is it possible that the file is only stored in the cloud via the website? If so, how can I get a copy onto the Q: drive? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

• Kris_Williams

I am happy to login to your file over the phone with you and have a look

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

Linda,

You are referring to the SHARED folder shortcuts.

Inside those folder shortcuts are the actual QBW company data files.

If you go 'inside' the folder, you will see the files and you can rename them as per Rav's previous instructions.

• Linda_7590330

Success!! Thanks to you both for your patience. I have successfully changed the name of the file

Much appreciated