CSV File - Can I import my Managed Fund History into Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2020?

Hi,

I am wanting to import a csv file from Vanguard of my past history of Managed fund transactions since about October 2014.

Will Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2020 allow import of csv file type?

If not, does anyone know of a work around? For example, to convert csv to qif using online free software that is safe?

Many thanks,

Geoff

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Geoff,

While I can't say I'm an expert in this area, I'd recommend taking a look at the info in this help guide on how to import share price information via CSV

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• langge
    langge Member Posts: 11

Hi Raj,

Thank you. I tried this, but the process was designed for uploading price history, not transactions.

In the end I manually entered all the transactions for the 6 years of data for both myself and wife, it took about 4 hours.

Now I want to upload all our Superannuation transaction history, both of us have 12 years of fortnightly transaction history. This is substantially more work to enter manually and prone to error, which would be a reconcile nightmare to din errors.

DO you have any other contacts who might be able to share some insider secrets on how to upload a CSV file for transactions?

Or is there free software or online that I could use to convert a CSV to QIF?

Many thanks,

Geoff

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Hi Geoff,

What type of transactions you want to import into Reckon? Maybe I can help by creating a quick tool for you.

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Andrew_8758259
    Andrew_8758259 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

Hi Geoff

Try using this software:

http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/

• langge

Hi Andrew,

Thank you. I tried that software Excel addon but it didn't work. Possibly because my PC is 64 bit and later version of Excel and the software was designed for 32 bit / Excel 97-2003.

Now, my Excel keeps popping up with an error after installing the change.

Would you happen to know how to uninstall?

Appreciate the support!

• langge

Hi Phuong,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've been trying to get the data set from my Superannuation fund but to no avail. They can't provide it, so I won't be tying to convert any files now, thank you for your offer though!!

However, I am still trying to enter the end of year balance for each year since my super started, i.e. balances or transactions for:

30/06/2008

30/06/2009

30/06/2010

etc until

30/06/2020

Then I will enter the fortnightly transactions for this financial year through my fortnightly paycheque.

Do you know how to set this up the correct way? I am just putting in "adjust share balance at end of each FY, but then this puts in placeholder entries, Not sure how else to do it without entering all the data??

Cheers

• langge

Hi, does anyone know how to fix a compile error in hidden module for Excel? I attempted to install the file above, QL2QIF but it changed my Excel and now I can't change it back. I have tied automatic modifying then repairing Office 2016. I have uninstalled and restarted and reinstalled.

I have tried hacking into the VBA to unprotect the sheet using other VBA form Excel forums, this did not work either. Grateful for any assistance on how to remedy this, a suggestion from this forum.

I'm stumped.

Are there any Reckon / Excel Developers here who could assist, please?

• Andrew_8758259

Hi Langge

I am sorry to read this. I have used XL2QIF for nearly 10 years with Excel (now Excel 2013) without a problem. Have you tried just disabling the Add In? File - Options - Add Ins?

Have you tried emailing the support link: xl2qif.support@tiscali.fr? It may not be monitored now

• langge

Hi Andrew,

That's Ok, I know you were trying to help, and I appreciate that, so thank you. You couldn't have known about the 32-bit / 64-bit system error or that I was on 64-bit system. Anyway, that doesn't;t matter now, because I tried what you suggested, about disabling the Add in and it worked! Thank you! I didn't know I could do that.

• Andrew_8758259

Hi Langge

Great to read that all sorted.