Order of ledger accounts

Jo Janssen
Jo Janssen Member Posts: 10
  • I have set up my accounts in the chart of accounts in the order I had them on Quicken, using a range of numbers and alphabetical letters to order my ledger accounts as I want them. Problem is when I do an itemised categories report for the financial year the ledger accounts are expressed in a completely random order. Can you explain why this is and what I can do about it please?

Comments

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

There are reorganisation options in the chart of accounts page. I used it a while ago but not quite clear on how much you can do with it

• Jo Janssen
    Jo Janssen Member Posts: 10

Yes i have them in the order I want on chart of accounts. it's when i do an end of year report that they end up in no particular order.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I would think that a balance sheet will always show assets first and then liabilities, regardless of the order in the Chart of Accounts

• fprcInc
    fprcInc Member Posts: 5

Eric and Jo,

I totally agree, this is one of the MANY failings of Reckon 1. It is so difficult to get P & L, Trial Balance and General Enquiry reports in alpha order.