i have a new Epson T20 receipt printer and cannot connect it to POS lite.

Kylie Bretherton
Kylie Bretherton Member Posts: 4
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When I am trying to connect my new Epson T20 receipt printer to POS lite the drop down for connected to only has customer display option that I do not have. My previous generic receipt printer when connected had a comm 3 port option. Can anyone assist?

Comments

• Graham Boast_8683921
    Graham Boast_8683921 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2017
    Hi Kylie With Reckon POS receipt printers, you need to install a Virtual Port Driver available here https://download.epson-biz.com/modules/pos/index.php?page=single_soft&cid=5010&pcat=3&pid=37 Reckon POS is designed to talk directly to the receipt printer through a Com Port, and this driver will allow this to happen by creating a virtual com port - it could be any number between 1 and 8. Installing a Windows driver is not required. One you download and run the driver, plug the printer into the USB port, and windows should find the hardware and create the com port. Open pos, and you should now be able to attach the printer to the new port. If successful, the printer should make a noise and print Printer Ready. Graham Boast 0409317366 Reckon Accredited Consultant graham@reckonhelp.com.au
  • Kylie Bretherton
    edited April 2017
    Hi Graham,
    I have this driver installed. The Epsom printer will print a test page from windows so I know is recognised. The problem is that I go into POS lite tools, options, receipt printer I choose the TM-T20 (USB) in the drop down list. I then drop down the connected to and the only option to choose is printer port on customer display. When I had a generic receipt printer installed there was other options in the connected to drop down such as Com 1, USB etc. Hope this makes sense.
    Cheers, Kylie
  • Kylie Bretherton
    edited May 2017
    Hi Kevin, I just wanted to say thank you so much for your technical assistance. I have had this problem for approximately two months and have had no luck in trying to resolve myself. I am not an IT person but am quite computer literate but this one had me stumped. Your time, knowledge and willingness to assist has been a God send. You are an absolute legend and your help has been invaluable. I would never have been able to fix the problem without your assistance. Cheers, Kylie
  • ligedyletch
    ligedyletch Member Posts: 1

Hi @Graham Boast , @Kylie Bretherton , @Zappy - did you manage to get the Epson TM-T20 working on USB or did you have to change printers?

I’ve got a TM-T20X (and now waiting for the older TM-T20 to arrive in the mail as it’s the one in the Reckon POS list - thought i’d try it given the issues in case the X model is different....) but as you mention it does not show the USB connection option when configureing the receipt printer in POS.

I can get this printer to work as a Windows 7 Printer on USB and Serial however can’t get POS to talk to it. USB is not availble in the connection list and when on COM port 3 I get a conflit error appear which disables the receipt printer (which is frustrating becuase as soon as i connect the old Citizen idp3551 on com port 3 all works fine...)

Printer connected on USB - works fine as a windows printer, but don’t have USB option in POS.

When setup on serial connection, works in windows, but POS has coms config errors and disables all receipt printing.

any tips to get my Epson printer working would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Brendan

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2020

Hi Brendan

This is a link to the Epson TM Virtual Port Driver (it says TM-T20X supported) . Shut down POS, turn off your printer, use device manager to check what ports are existing, then run this. It should set up a new com port for you. It will need to be a number between 1 and 8. If it makes itself a number 9 or more you will need to set it to a lower number in device manager.

Good luck. If you get stuck give me a call and we can organise a remote support call.

Graham Boast 0409 317366

graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au