Reckon Accounts Personal 2021 - Error Code: 6889

The above error code was received during the first backup attempt after downloading and installing RAP 2021. The program then closes and any attempts to reload take me back to the first option screen after the original software installation and the above reoccurs when I attempt to exit??? How do i eliminate this very annoying feature?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @cowboy99

The first thing I'd recommend is to shorten the name of your file to something less than 8 characters in length.

The program then closes and any attempts to reload take me back to the first option screen after the original software installation

Just in regard to the above, can you post a screenshot of what you see on-screen when this occurs please.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cowboy99
    cowboy99 Member Posts: 2

I shortened the filename to 6 characters and the performed a backup and everything proceeded normally without any error. Thank you.

227157 Member Posts: 3

I imported the QDF file from another computer. The file does not open automaticall when I start Accounts PLus 2021?

What do I need to do so the file opens automatically when I start Quicken Accounts PLus?

?