Setting up Paid Public Holiday Payroll Item that doesn't take hours from holiday leave accrued

KellyH
KellyH Member Posts: 35

Im wanting to set up a payroll item for Paid Public Holidays for staff that don't work on public holidays.  I have tried to do this but when I select the new Paid Public Holidays item in their payroll it takes the hours out of their leave accrued.  I don't want this to happen. I just want it to be classed as standard hours but I need to show it separately on their payslips.    I know it can be done as Im using another File and it has been set up exactly the way I want this file to work but there is nothing obvious in the other files set up to indicate what Im missing in the set up of this new item.  Please help!!!!!!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited December 2020

Just set it up as a normal pay rate, not holiday and call it whatever you wish. There isn’t already a default item for Public Holiday?

• KellyH

Hi Kris,  This is what I tried to do but it automatically takes the hours out of the accrued leave.  Not sure how to set up without that happening.  No there isn't a default item set up.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

If you setup a new item as normal hours not holiday leave, delete the one you’ve done and start again. Look at the way Normal hours are setup and copy

• KellyH

Yes this is what I have done but its still taking it as holidays taken.  Im not sure if there is something in the company setup that I need to be aware of because its not obvious when setting up as a payroll item

• Kris_Williams

Don’t believe there is anything in company setup

• Kris_Williams

Have you gone to Manage payroll items and stepped through each window from the Public Holiday rate and compared the windows with the normal hours rate? It has to have something to do with the setup

• Kris_Williams

When you setup the pay rate and you get to the window that says Wages make sure Holiday pay is not selected

• KellyH

Thanks Kris that worked perfectly.  when I first went and set the item up none of the regular pay section came up.  Can always rely on someone on this community to be of assistance which is so great.  Thanks again

• Kris_Williams

Glad to help.............