Reset YTD and STP in payroll

Options
JasonB
JasonB Member Posts: 2

We have taken over a company (old entity) and started a new entity. With the old entity we did a finalise year for STP. We then renamed the QB file to the new entity name. We want to maintain the old data for comparison purposes. However, when doing the first payroll run for the new entity, both on the payslips and also STP file it is showing the YTD figures ie old entity and new entity combined. How do I reset the YTD figures in payroll to be zero to run the first payrun in the new entity?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JasonB

My recommendation in your situation would be to start a new company file for the new entity. That way all reports get reset for the new entity and there is less chance of overlap/error.

You can still retain the existing company file/data to open and review data.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JasonB
    JasonB Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for your response. While I understand it is cleaner to start a new company for the new entity and this would result in less errors, we do want to be able to do sales comparisons, p&L comparisons, etc and in our situation renaming the QB file would achieve those goals.

Is there a simple way to reset YTD for payroll? The only way I can possible is to process negative pays for each employee based on the YTD closing balance based on the old entity. is that do-able?