Corrupt files and lost data

Options

I reconciled all accounts, created annual reports and backed up data in Sept 2020, but when going back in Oct/Nov the data had all been lost and nothing was showing post April 2020, even though it had been available all year. Going in this morning now all data has been lost back to 18/12/19!

We are due to renew this subscription in the next 30 days and I thought perhaps we could start fresh with the new subscription and only pull over files needed for historical reasons.

I had backed up to Dropbox, but will be backing up to google docs instead if that is suitable?

Most files now have a red x against them not a green tick, so I assume they are the corrupted files?

Can anyone advise which is the best course of action and possibly assist with a clean up of the files? I have attached

some screen shots of the backup files.

Many thanks in advance.

MandyB

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Dont do anything yet call me on 0418907140 and i think we can sort it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Just to add, the icons you are seeing against the files are Dropbox icons and are not related to the integrity of the file. There's info on this on Dropbox's website here -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MandyB
    MandyB Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks Gerry, you were amazing! To think I have been stressing about this for weeks. You fixed it and restored my data in no time, as well as giving me some great advice. Many many thanks. Cheers Mandy

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Love your work @Gerry Winter! 👏

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.