GST issue

Hi hope someone can help. I use Quick books premier 2010-11, we do GST two monthly and our GST report shows the GST for the same invoice in both months (not all invoices) so we are paying double the GST on these invoices, every so often it puts both months figures together (GST is only paid once per invoice this way). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

was the invoice paid in total or over 2 different months?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Do you reconcile your tax payable account? That always ensures that I am only paying the GST that is required

• AutoFrance
    AutoFrance Member Posts: 2

Hi, invoice paid once in full, and accounts reconcile, our accountant picked it up, he is thinking it is a software issue, we have used quick books since 2008 this package since 2010 and have never had a problem before. It is randomly changing which way it does the report, ie double paying GST / two months into one and GST paid once. Purchases have remained the same as always and the GST is correctly paid and no doubling up of months.

• Kris_Williams

Sorry impossible for me to comment without seeing the file. I am happy to have a look of you wanted to send me the backup.

critters@netspace.net.au