Telstra Share Price Updates Incorrect

Hawker
Hawker Member Posts: 6

For a long time now the Telstra share price (TLS) has the price, high and low values around the wrong way and generally incorrect. I searched the forums and could not find a solution.

This occurred on Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2020 and also in 2021. My set up looks OK.

The following generally appears to occur:

Price = Low

High = Price

Low = High

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I just an update on my Personal Plus 2019 installation and received the following result -

Below is my configuration for the Telstra stock -

The only difference I can see between yours and mine is the 'Currency' field which is slightly different although I'm not certain if that would even cause any issues like this. Nonetheless, it might be worth a look. Are you able to open the dropdown list and change your selection and confirm if that makes any difference?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Hawker
    edited January 2021

Unfortunately it won't let me change the currency field (drop down field locked). I have a lot of stocks and it is only the TLS one that does this.

I'm on 2021 version. Maybe that is slightly different. I don't think I had a problem with 2019 version (only 2020 and 2021).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I'll organise a copy of the 2021 version for myself to install and test again to see if I also encounter this. I'll let you know once I've got that done.

In the meantime, can you do me a favour and open the Sample File and test the same stock (with the same setup) and confirm if you receive the same result?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Hawker

Updated quotes for the sample file and all updated correctly as per below.

I notice that I have 2 Telstra securities created. Maybe that is causing the problem.

• Rav

Thanks for doing that @Hawker

Results look better in the sample file which is good as it rules out the inbound data coming into the file being the culprit.

I notice that I have 2 Telstra securities created. Maybe that is causing the problem.

Hmm potentially it could although to be honest, I haven't come across any previous instances of something like this. Do BOTH of the Telstra securities show the same pricing results ie. incorrect or is one of them correct and the other not?

Are you able to delete one or the other, or even both and recreate the security?

• Hawker

Both securities have the same prices being updated. Unfortunately, I can't delete as they both have transactions against them with live holdings. Might just have to live with it.

• Rav

A colleague with the 2021 version installed just ran an update a few minutes ago and sent me the result below.

I'd say the multiple Telstra shares are doing.. 'something'.. here which I find very odd. Has it always been this way with the Telstra share or were they displaying correctly at some point previously?

If they were displaying ok, did you have multiple Telstra shares on the list at that point as well?

• Hawker

I just checked back through the price history and the issue actually started on prices from 3 January 2017 (first prices for 2017) so been there for a while. I have had the security created twice many years before this (from 2006).

Probably not worth pursuing as I've learned to live with it. I was just hoping it might be a quick fix.