Download ABA file error

Teresa Huang
Teresa Huang Member Posts: 30

Hi

Using Accounts Hosted here.

I created a ABA file, and try downloading it with the usual steps:1) Download Files, 2) find where the ABA file is, 3) click the ABA file. then this error message popped up:

It looks for some reasons Reckon was trying to open it instead of downloading it.

I used to be able to download aba files without any issues, and I don't think any changes have been made to any settings.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Hi Teresa. I believe that the issue that you are striking is caused by the fact that you are clicking on the file. That is why it is looking for a program to run it. You need to note where this file is residing on your computer and when you are using online banking, that is when you will click that file to import it into your online banking payment creation. You cannot click on the file outside of internet banking or you will end up with the error message.

John L G

• MSF
    MSF Member Posts: 6

Hi Teresa

I'm having the same issue just started all of a sudden. Have you resolved this can you help?

Shelley

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

There is no issue, as John said the problem is because you are probably clicking on the file and it thinks you want to open it, when you are in your online banking then select it, usually with the import button.

‘if the problem is when you are downloading the same thing applies, click once to download

• MSF

I haven't changed the way I download ABA files in the last 3 years just all of a sudden it has displayed this error. I'm not clicking on the file to open it.

• MSF

Hi Teresa

I have just resolved this issues by going into the settings in Chrome /Default Browser/Advanced/Downloads - press clear on the third option

• Teresa Huang

Hi MSF,

I wasn't aware of John's reply until now - I didn't receive any email from Reckon notifying me of his response. But I received notification emails about Kris' and yours. Strange!

Yes I still have the problem. To work around it, each time after generate the ABA file in B drive, I will have to log off Reckon, log on again on a difference computer, do exactly the same steps to download the ABA file successfully.

We are working from home this week, so I will try out your method when I am in office next Monday.

I will let you know how I go. Thank you for sharing your solution :-)

• MSF

No worries at all hope it helps ☺️

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Hope it works for you, FYI I use Firefox

• Teresa Huang

Hi MSF, It worked like a charm! Thanks so much for sharing your method :-)

• MSF

Hi Teresa

Its my pleasure glad it has worked for you 😊