GST Liability Report

Cheryle
Cheryle Member Posts: 8

My latest report is showing -9,984.30 for "Total input Taxed & GST Free Purchases". How do I find out how that amount was calculated because it seems to be wrong. I click on that amount but it won't take me anywhere.

Comments

• Deepak Gyawali
    Deepak Gyawali Reckon Staff Posts: 61 Reckon Staff

Hi Cheryle,

When you say GST Liability report, how actually you generate this report in payroll premier?

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Cheryle

I'm sorry, I have Reckon Accounts Premium Edition 2020 with Payroll. The report to which I am referring is

Reports - Tax - Tax Liability.

Thank you Deepak

• Cheryle

I notice there are 32 posts from my post, how can I read them?

• Deepak Gyawali

Hi Cheryle,

You should be able to click on the amount to drill it down. Please double click on the amount in reports. If any issues, try rebuilding the file.

KInd regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Cheryle

Thanks Deepak, it won't open when I double click on it and I have run the report a few times. It is very frustrating.

Cheryle

• Cheryle

Oct 1, 20 - Dec 31, 20 GOODS AND SERVICES TAX GST due on sales 1,076.05 GST

reclaimed from purchases 1,906.66

Net GST to pay (or reclaim if negative) -830.61

Total net value of sales (ex GST) 10,760.55

Total net value of purchases (ex GST) 19,066.75

Total Input Taxed & GST Free Sales 6,855.00

Total Input Taxed & GST Free Purchases -9,984.30 

This is what it looks like.

• Deepak Gyawali

HI Cheryle,

Reading the figure doesn't mean much unless we can tell what it is made up of. Please try to rebuild the file by going to file drop down menu on the software and then < utilities < Rebuild.

If you come across any issues or the rebuild didn't fix the issue, You may need to contact our technical support representatives for a detailed investigation.

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Hi Cheryle

you may be using income tax codes for purchases, and this will muck up your figures.

Run a Tax Summary Report. Tax codes GST, FRE, INP and EXP should have figures in the top row and zeros in the second row, NCG NCF NCI CAG CAF and CAI should have figures in the second row and zeros in the top row. The column appear only if they have been used. If you have a figure where there should be a zero, run a tax detail report and filter just to show that tax code.

if you are on a Cash basis for GST, double clicking on a figure doesn’t generate a fast zoom report. Rebuilding won’t fix this - it’s just how it is with this report for GST cash basis.

Graham 0409317366

Reckon Accredited Partner

graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Cheryle

Thank you Graham. I did what you suggested and found that the -$9984.30 showing in the Tax Liability Report is the total of GST Free Purchases and the N-T-P. I use that code against what I pay to the ATO so that it doesn't appear in the Tax Code Exception Report. I'm not sure what other code to put that in.

Thanks again Cheryle