Lost work

I last used Premier Edition on 11 February, opened it this morning and it had reverted back to 18 January. I back up to two external drives plus cloud, so no problem, back up has restored correctly, but I am wondering why this has happened. I've been using the programme for years with nothing like this before.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,289 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you searched the computer for other copies of the file?

• Ann_8200522
    Ann_8200522 Member Posts: 4

No other copies on the computer.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,289 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Tis a mystery!..........

• Ann_8200522

It's weird and a little worrying. I only picked it up while checking the cloud backup after I had loaded a large number of images to the computer and I noticed the date on the Reckon backup, it had obviously picked up the change in the programme and backed that up too. Just as well I do other backups as well. I'm wondering now if I should do a trial balance print out before I close each session just in case.......

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Ann,

Do all your files have a similar naming convention? I know this might sound a bit silly but is there any chance an older file (with a similar name) may have been opened in error?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ann_8200522

No, no chance of this. Only one file with "businessname".QBW and I did check to make sure.

When I do a restore to check backups are working, it is to a completely separate folder and is deleted once I know it is correct. I always open the programme from a shortcut on the desktop. I've been using the programme since an early version of Quickbooks and have never struck a problem before.

I'm having a bit of a thought now though and am wondering if it is something to do with a sunscription to Backblaze backup. I subscribed to it on 19th January New Zealand time which would have been 18th in USA. It took several days to complete the initial backup as I have a large number of photos on the computer (separate from our business). When the backup was complete I did a restore of the business file to a seperate folder to make sure it was OK but that would have been well after the 18th once the backup was complete, and it was deleted once I knew it was fine. I also back up to two external drives and they were fine so I haven't lost any work but curious to know why it might have happened.