Default setting when paying bills

Options
Sarahn
Sarahn Member Posts: 20

Hello,

Please could you tell me if there is a possibility that the default setting for paying bills, can be set to 'Let Reckon accounts assign cheque numbers' when paying a bill rather than 'Let me assign the cheque numbers below'

I pay a lot of bills and it would make things a lot quicker, if I could set the default to the first one. If it can't be done currently, could this please be added in an update?

Thank you

Sarah

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Options

But are you using actual physical cheques? If not then just put EFT but with paying bills you can just leave it blank if you like

• Sarahn
    Options

Hi Charley,

We don't use actual physical cheques, but we keep track of the check numbers.

Sarah

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Or tick the box ‘to be printed’ and leave it blank

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Just curious as to why you keep track of cheque numbers when you’re not writing cheques

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Options

Agree with Kris, why? You can follow by name, class even line item. Why bother with numbers when you don't need them, they're easy enough to go out of whack

• Sarahn
    Options

Hi Kris and Charley,

I have just kept going with it from the previous employee. Thinking about it, that was when we were paying with manual cheques, and we could determine if it was a manual cheque or an online payment. We only occasionally use a manual cheque. So you are right, I really don't need to have numbers.

Thank you both for your input, I will just leave it blank.

Much appreciated.

Sarah