Activation of previous versions

Does anyone know how to activate older versions of reckon quickbooks programs, or how to disable the activation process. I have clients using Quick books premier 2010-2011 version on Windows 7 computers. They have purchased new Windows 10 computers. I have been able to install the old program onto Windows 10 by installing it in "compatibility mode for Windows 7". Program works fine and I restored the backup copy onto the new computer and everything works fine. However, it won't let me enter new data until the program is activated. I called reckon and they said they won't give me the activation key code for programs before 2016. I feel this is grossly unfair to my clients who have already purchased the product and are now unable to use it. My clients don't want to upgrade to latest version - they don't need STP or other features. They just want to be able to use the software they have already paid for ! Reckon's response was "they will just have to upgrade and pay for the latest version". Is there a work around or a way to by-pass the activation screen for older Quickbooks versions?

Comments

• Kris_WilliamsKris_Williams Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

I don’t believe there is but I agree there should be, I totally empathise

• Gerry WinterGerry Winter Accredited Partner Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Most companies now use the subscription model, if your clients are interested i can do a special price.

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]