Adjusting PAYGW

heidigibbaccountants
heidigibbaccountants Member Posts: 4

A client has inadvertently added a job keeper allowance to an employees pay run after their eligibility to JK ceased. As the amount was then above the taxable threshold tax has been withheld on the payrun. The employee was correctly paid for hours actually worked worked and no tax was required to be withheld. The pay run has been STP filed. I am now trying to correct the payroll. I have found how to add a negative Job Keeper Allowance so her gross will be corrected. However I do not have a solution for correcting the tax. I cannot add a negative PAYGW figure. Her ordinary wage does not have any tax withheld so there are no other (or future) pay runs that I can reduce the PAYGW to correct year to date tax. Has anyone got anything else I can try? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Did you try simply adjusting the original pay run and resubmitting STP

• heidigibbaccountants

Thank you Kris, I tried that and got the following message.... The journal is linked to another transaction. You cannot delete a journal that is linked to a debtor/creditor transaction......

I have tried to find the linked creditor transaction to see if I can do anything there but had no luck.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Do you let the program create the payment after you finish payroll? If so I’m guessing you would have to find that payment and delete it first

• heidigibbaccountants

Thank you Kris - no automatic payment either. I have emailed Reckon support direct there must be something they can do behind the scenes.

• Kris_Williams

Did you undo the payrun first?

• heidigibbaccountants

Reckon support just called me I had to delete the other employees net pay cheques as these were linked against the same journal. I could then revert the payrun to a draft and make my changes. Problem solved. Thank you for your interest.